Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wow...

Well, first off I would like to say hello to my newest followers: Ellie and Loralie! Hopefully my lame-ish blog is somewhat entertaining for you!

Well, now to start on my weekly posts! Every Thursday, by 5pm, I will give you a quote. Then, I'll tell you what the quote means to me. In the comments, you can elaborate on what the quote means to you. That way there might be a difference of opinions?

"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere . . . "
This quote is one that I really like. Although I have not yet read this particular book, I have heard this quote. This quote can be found in Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors, and so this quote stands out to me.

This quote means that life is rough. We expect too much of ourselves and once we do not succeed, we blame ourselves, or we blame another. You know what? This is true. We do expect too much of ourselves. We do blame others for our misfortunes. However, we do get over it eventually, leaning into another dream and moer misfortune. However, when things do go our way, we start to expect more and more. Why is it that we do this? Is it just part of human nature?

Here's something else for you. This little snippet of writing is the first paragraph of my book. Enjoy!

"When Luke and I got together, everyone told us we would never last. We wouldn't admit it, but we did not think so either. He was the stereotypical jock, the quarterback who paid the nerdy freshman to do his homework for him. I was the nerd and spent all of my time reading or doing homework. Luke and I had a special relationship though. When we were younger-- I was seven and he was nine-- our parents threw us together while they went out. We grew up together."

~Am

No comments:

Post a Comment